Saturday, December 17, 2011

New EP Session 8

We finished the first acoustic track now working on the second.  I'm finding that the Rode NT1A is really great for recording acoustic guitars.  Once I found the right mic placement the sound has been incredible.  In fact it's so good that it doesn't really need any EQ.  We're layering two tracks for acoustic each with different mic placement and the sound is great.   We'll be doing some recording today and hopefully finish up all the tracking by next week.   This is a cool project because my son is releasing this EP on iTunes and will be donating all proceeds to Stand Up For Cancer.  I'm a pretty proud Dad!

Last thing... I took the plunge an upgraded to Studio One Professional.   Melodyne integration and project/mastering features are well worth the extra dollars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment