Monday, November 21, 2011

New EP Session 3

Made lots of progress during a 4 hour session tonight.   Finished up tracking vocals and correcting a few stops on a few tracks.   Now that all of the notes seem right we'll be getting into the mixing.   Started to work on dynamics and mix of the rhythm section tonight as well as the vocals.

The song has a real driving feel to it.  Need to get just the right sound for the lead guitar.  Will have some time over the holiday to work on it..  We'll probably begin tracking a  few of the acoustic tunes too.

I'm continually amazed but the features of Studio One.    Mixcraft was fine to start but it really is not anywhere near the robustness of Studio One.     Over the 3 sessions we've had so far I would venture to guess that we've saved a few hours compared to if we had recorded with Mixcraft.

Side note.  Thinking of getting a new keyboard.  The Casio I have doesn't have velocity sensitive keys and is really a toy with a MIDI port.   Maybe this weekend I'll splurge for one.  Probably go for a 61 key unit that has assignable knobs to control VST instruments.

Last thing.. I've decided to name my studio Hometracks Studio.  The name syncs up with this blog and my HomeTracks YouTube Channel so it made sense to me.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment